This week our School Based Apprentice Jessica received a letter from the Department of Education, Australian Government advising that she has been awarded an Australian Vocational Student Prize for 2013.
The Hon Sussan Ley MP, Assistant Minister for Education who is awarding the certificate and prize will soon be receiving a personalised video from Jessica.School Based Apprenticeship prize winner
Jess has already made a couple of videos about her School Based Apprenticeship experience:
- Why become a School Based Apprentice?
- Why hire a School Based Apprentice?
A national award is fantastic recognition and it comes on top of another 2 awards including:
- Emmaus Christian College Most Outstanding VET Student 2013
- Sue Clifford Memorial Business Service Award, sponsored by Konica Minolta and awarded by the CEO of Adelaide Training & Employment Centre (ATEC), November 2013
Jessica is now focussing on her new business Career BluePrint so please post a message of congratulations via:
Top 7 Tasks a School Based Apprentice can do you for!
Employing a School Based Apprentice has transformed our business. Read this blog post on the tasks your SBA can manage for you.
PS. Hear Wendy present on Improving business productivity through school based apprenticeships at the Apprenticeships & Traineeships Conference in Melbourne on 15th & 16th of July 2014!
Photo credit: Jessica Perry, Workforce BluePrint’s School Based Apprentice.
Book your place for these brand NEW webinars:
- School Based Apprenticeships – who benefits more? The apprentice or employer? webinar – 30.5.14, 2.30 pm AEST
- Engaging Young People via Social Media webinar – 6.6.14, 2.30 pm AEST
Written by Wendy Perry, Head Wokforce Planner, Workforce BluePrint, 3 May 2014.