Adelaide leaders will experience firsthand the most dynamic startup and innovation market in the world. With the amazing South by South West (SXSW) Interactive Festival as the highlight, delegation members will reflect local businesses, community, education, government and the adaptive economy.
SXSW has a strong social good theme and will provide the delegation with insights into entrepreneurship, environmental issues, future jobs, industry opportunities, and international collaboration. For those interested in education, future jobs, workforce development and youth engagement, SXSWedu will expose participants to innovation in learning connecting with a diverse and energetic community of stakeholders across a variety of backgrounds in education. Dates are 6-9.3.17 for SXSW Edu and 10.3.17 – 14.3.17 for SXSW Interactive.
On this trip participants will:
- Meet with founders of startups large and small including social enterprises and hear their stories
- Be introduced to accelerator and incubator managers with potential pitching opportunities and a formal reception
- Connect via sister city relationships and the local entrepreneurial community through the New Venture Institute (Flinders University) and Tech Ranch
- See new technologies and market trends and hear from global thought leaders
- Understand what it takes to raise capital in the US
- And explore an international collaboration with Adelaide and Austin to design construct, and manage a showcase event in 2018.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.