This 1-2 week immersive program can be targeted to specific industry sectors or businesses wanting to scale up from any sector. The key objectives are that participants use the gained knowledge, attitude and skills to influence their business growth strategies and industry sectors. This program also aims to create professional linkages between the participating organisations, industry and government, as well as workforce supply partners such as schools, Registered Training Organisations, Universities and employment service providers.
It is expected that the participants will have a strong understanding of how to develop business networks, analyse markets, business and products, and access finance and capital. The program provides an opportunity to meet with a range of business, entrepreneurial and industry leaders. The learning objectives of the program are participants’ improved skills and ability to:
- Identify how to connect businesses with market opportunities, use support networks and leverage existing business networks
- Improve the pitch and investment proposal to attract investors
- Identify how to access finance and capital for international growth of business
- Understand the importance of business analyses (competitor, market, business, product) and how to respond to external challenges
- Analyse key stakeholders and identify ways to connect business with markets, develop business networks and leverage existing networks (including strategies to develop stronger networks and business contacts with startups in Australia)
- Analyse key drivers (legal, political, environment, economic, socio-cultural and technological) that impact start-ups
- Understand how to undertake competitor and product analyses and how to respond to the challenges (five forces: existing competitors, suppliers, substitutes, new entrants and users)
- Understand the importance of integrated marketing communications, including social media, branding and public relations
- Further develop strategies to utilise technology and respond to changes in technology use
Guest speakers, sites visits and invitees to networking events, will be picked to match with the profile of participants for peer learning, knowledge exchange and potential partnerships. Visiting different businesses, locations and sites will be complemented with content such as videos, readings, links, coaching/mentoring. A pre-program session (group and/or 1-on-1) will enable facilitators to gain an understanding of each business and their priorities with a project undertaken and implemented by each participant, and a follow up post-workshop session (1 day).
Duration & Numbers: 1 week + pre and post activities, up to 25 people, for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.