“Help yourself to become a better person and a better leader – give people a good chance to make the most of their career and move together as a team”, Matt (participant)
In Dalby last week the Be the Best Boss – Has your Workforce got your Back? workshop saw 20 people from across the agriculture sector including barley, beef, cotton, wheat, horse breeding, irrigation, pig farming and processing as well as a not for profit organisation and a sign writing business participating.
Feedback on the workshop highlighted that participants enjoyed,
- communication and motivation
- conflict resolution
- content and good sized group
- different opinions and discussion topics
- group learning and reflecting exercises
- ideas on managing staff performance
- industrial relations
- interview processes and techniques
- job descriptions and reviews
- presentation of the content
- sharing best practice
- strategies to change the approach to problems
People thought the workshop was a “Good introduction for new HR staff”, making comments like, “It gives you an insight from a different view. Great work! Very informative” and “Great interactive course instead of lecture style learning”.
Watch the Be the Best Boss testimonial videos from the Dalby workshop on 1.8.14:
A few places are still available for the workshop in Chinchilla (only $50 and valued at $1997) and you can book your place via this link.